This article was posted on Monday, 26th September 2011
I posted some links a short while ago, of some blogs and websites that I visit and read regularly. I have a few more links that I'd like to share, so, in particular order, some more inspiring stuff:
- Brand New - I love logos and Under Consideration's Brand New is really the jewel in their crown. They do a great job of researching new brand identities for businesses, organisations, charities, any entity that has a brand identity- if they redesign, these guys will probably review it. Subscribe now, if you haven't already.
- Method and Craft - A relatively new website, M&C is an excellent resource for design technique tutorials and interviews with designers about their method of design. As they say themselves, "We like to think of Method and Craft as the DVD extras of design: the stories behind the work, who made it, how they did it, and the techniques people have developed throughout their professional career."
- Lovely Package - Similar to Brand New, Lovely Package is a showcase of new packaging for products. Although they don't have the same consistent stream of real life examples, like Brand New, they do keep consistently posting with student work. It's a great source of inspiration, one way or the other.
- Plurabelle - I've only recently wandered on to this blog of a Californian calligrapher, who does absolutely beautiful work. I've linked to the blog, but the main Plurabelle website has a great showcase of her work. Really nice work.
- Rian Hughes - I first discovered Rian Hughes through the British comic 2000ad- he created a number of typefaces used throughout 2000ad and he, unknown to me at the time, was also was a logo designer and illustrator. His work has such a unique style, a quirky 1950s space adventure feel, it's often copied but his design prowess always shines through. Even though his website doesn't have an RSS feed, it's worth regularly visiting for the news. Whilst there, also check out his huge collection of work, this guy is an absolute machine when it comes to producing work. Rian Hughes often cameos on the aforelinked (here) Todd's Blog, as he has created many logos for comic books worldwide. One of my favourite designers.
I'll try compile more links in the coming weeks, enjoy. Of course, all images above are copyright their respective owners.